Department of Mathematical Sciences
Tel: +44 (0) 1509 22 2861
Fax: +44 (0) 1509 22 3969
- Mark Ablowitz (University of Colorado, Boulder, USA)
- Triantaphyllos Akylas (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA) - cancelled
- Thomas Bridges (University of Surrey, Surrey, UK)
- Karl Helfrich (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, USA)
- Nalini Joshi (University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia)
- Alfred Osborne (Universita di Torino, Turin, Italy)
- Dmitry Pelinovsky (McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada)
- Efim Pelinovsky (Institute of Applied Physics, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia)
- Victor Shrira (Keele University, Keele, UK)
- Vladimir Zeitlin (Ecole Normale Superieure, France)
Scope: The meeting will be devoted to all aspects of nonlinear waves in fluids, including water waves, internal waves, wave - current interactions, effects of variable environment and rotation, resonant wave interactions, wave instabilities, etc., with applications in established areas such as geophysical fluids dynamics and new areas such as thin films and complex fluids.
The programme will consist of invited and contributed talks, running from morning to late afternoon on each day of the meeting, with no parallel sessions. Lectures will take place in the room T003 in the Wolfson Building. Conference Dinner will be on the 13th September in the Link Hotel.
Registration fees (include coffee breaks and lunches):
Limited financial support is available for UK based PhD students. Applications should be accompanied by a brief letter from your PhD supervisor confirming that you are a UK research student and explaining why there is no other financial support available (e.g. Doctoral Training Award).
LMS Childcare Supplementary Grant Scheme:
Abstracts and applications for students support should be sent by e-mail to NWF@lboro.ac.uk by 12 July 2012
Recommended arrival and departure dates: 11 September and 15 September 2012
Sponsors: London Mathematical Society, Office of Naval Research Global, Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, Marie Curie MULTIFLOW Network, Loughborough University
Disclaimer: Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Office of Naval Research Global.
Date of first announcement: 8 May 2012
Department of Mathematical Sciences | Loughborough University